Sunday, August 26, 2007

After the Storm

"Whenever you have truth it must be given with love, or the message and the messenger will be rejected." Mahatma Gandhi

"A mind committed to compassion is like an overflowing reservoir - a consistent source of energy, determination, and kindness." Dalai Lama

We had a fierce storm Friday night that left trees and power lines down all over town. Mom called at 11:30 needing me to open the front door for her because our driveway was blocked by a tree limb. We found out the next day it had torn the power line down and we had a live wie on the ground. It also took out a cable and phone line. All but the phone line are back up.

Today's quotes though bring to mind the fact that we all have storms in our lives that we need to ride out and the importance of compassion and kindness when we are dealing with others. When your life is falling apart you need compassion and kindness from others to put your life back together. I know I certainly had people there for me when I was going through a horrible period in my life.

I always try to respond with kindness towards others to show that I am grateful for the many people who have helped me. People that don't know how to show kindness find that in times of trouble they have no one there for them. Kindness and compassion begets kindness and compassion. It is important to treat people how you want to be treated.

The real counter is 5935

No comments: