Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Torrid Tuesday

 

"It is the quality of our work which will please God and not the quantity." Mahatma Gandhi

Like much of the United States it has been really hot here. We have been in the upper 90s with extra high humidity. Definitely not my favorite type of weather. It really aggravates my asthma.

Mom is really sick again. I have permission from my boss to take time off to get her to the doctor. Now I need to get her to call her doctor. That woman is so stubborn! She started with a sore throat, went into what she thought was a pinched nerve in her neck, and now has a deep cough on top of everything else. I'm really worried about her.

I like today's quote and it ties into what I was saying yesterday about enjoying what we have now. Too often we hustle about trying to do everything but we never take time for ourselves and wonder why we burn out. We put so much stress on ourselves with impossible demands to do everything right now. I know parents who have scheduled so much stuff for their kids during summer vacation that going back to school will be easy for them. They can finally relax.

When was the last time you went for a walk just to look at the flowers? When did you stop and read a book just for you own enjoyment? When was the last time you took an hour and soaked in a nice bubble bath and just relaxed?

It isn't selfish to take some time out for yourself once in a while. In fact I believe that the best thing for a person's mental health is to take a few minutes every single day and devote them just to doing something for yourself because you want to not because you have to.

The picture is called Ships Passing in the Night. The image jumped into my head last night and I had to stop and do the picture.

The real counter is 5805.

No comments: