Sunday, August 5, 2007

Slow Sunday

"I believe deeply that we must find, all of us together, a new spirituality." Dalai Lama

I am planning on a quiet day with the possible exception of thunderstorms setting Merlin's mouth off. That poor cat hates storms. Pixie is all over me today so I imagine they are upsetting her too. We have possibilities of thunderstorms for the next few days. We actually had a spot of rain last night and it had been so long since I heard rain hit the windows I started to look and see what Pixie was into. Poor kitty suspected when, for once, she wasn't into anything. ;-P

Mom has a pinched nerve in her neck and is in an enormous amount of pain. She didn't go to church today. I gave her my beaded neck wrap that you put in the microwave and heat up and it provides a moist heat. I checked on line and it is the only thing that can be done, that and rest. I'll do the laundry today so she can get the rest she needs for that poor neck of hers. I sure wish there was something else I could do.

I'm 2/3 of the way through the Harry Potter book and may finish it tonight. J.K. Rowling is doing a great job this time and for once the book doesn't need editing to get it to a reasonable reading level. She is good but gets much too wordy sometimes. I need to get back to my own novel and get it finished edited so I can try and find an agent.

I like today's quote from the Dalai Lama. In this increasingly secular and anti-spiritual climate it is more important then ever for people to hold onto and practice a spiritual lifestyle. There is so much ugliness and hatred in the world if we don't make a real effort to change it we may not have a world left. We need, each one of us singularly and together, to try and make this world a better place. We can no longer sit back and expect others to do that for us.

The picture is called The Darklands and is from my novel. It shows the destruction that the villain caused to a land where he no longer cared for the land or its inhabitants. All he cared about was power and control over others. Evil running rampant.

The real counter is 5788

No comments: