Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Why Is It?

"If you see God in yourself, then you attain perfection." The Bhagavad-Gita

Why is it when you are coughing and hacking and have no voice left, are running a fever and look like a ghost (albeit one with a red nose) people insist on telling you how bad you look? Right, you feel like death warmed over and people wonder why you don't look good. Uh maybe because you feel so crummy and would be home in bed if you had sick leave and could do so but since you don't have any and you still must pay bills you are dragging yourself into the nut house. Sigh. Sort of like asking someone who fell downstairs if they hurt themselves.

At least work popped for 30 bucks and got me a portable keypad that I can put on the left side of my computer and key in left handed. With a little luck that will be enough to give the aching right wrist enough of a rest so that I don't have to have more surgery on the wrist. Been there, done that, don't care to revisit it.

Other then trying to get well haven't been up to much. I haven't felt creative at all and have been mainly sleeping. I do need to get busy though and try and see how much yarn I am going to need to knit a Doctor Who scarf for my niece's husband. Yeah I know I'm a sucker when it comes to doing things for them. How can you resist though when every fifteen minutes when I was down there for her wedding my niece would say "have I told you lately that I love you?"  With that kind of love I can do anything. The pictures are from some artwork I did for her to give to him for a Valentine's Day gift before they got married. If you don't get them ask a geek they will be glad to explain it to you. ;-)

The real counter is 5921

No comments: