Friday, August 17, 2007

Funky Friday

"The wise man sets no high value on a thing simply because it is hard to get." Tao Te Ching

Sometimes little brothers really make it hard to behave. My Mom has been after me to de-clutter my bedroom and what does my brother do? He puts up an irresistible teddy bear on Cafe Press ( http://www.cafepress.com/diecast_dude.161008875 ). Well since I would rather be blogging then my current job it will join the menagerie. I'll tell Mom I got it for Pixie. ;-)

I have to confess that I really enjoy cute things. I love Cabbage Patch kids and have kept three from my collection here at the house. The rest are in storage. I love stuffed animals and still have a few out. Show me a kitten and watch me melt. I love the little critters. Pixie is so cute I forgive her early morning attempts to get me up an hour earlier then I have to.

I think in this hustle and bustle world we sometimes forget to slow down and enjoy life. We fail to look around us and see things that should make us smile and laugh. I know the word cute can make some people cringe but I don't think there is anything wrong with it. I guess I have to like it since I have one favorite outfit that keeps getting "that's such a cute outfit" comments. Oh well if I can't get sexy comments I guess I'll settle for cute.

One of my favorite shows, Doctor Who, is on in a few minutes. I don't think we can honestly say that they have ever had a sexy actor play the part of the Doctor. The current actor, David Tennant, is cute. He isn't movie star handsome but he has such an engaging personality that he is fun to watch. At the end of a rough week cute and fun is about all I can handle.

The picture is called I Spy and is one of my cute pictures. As in I spy with my little eye the reason why the dog will never win the game of hide and seek with the cat.

The real counter is 5892

No comments: