Monday, August 13, 2007

Melting Monday

"Accept the situation in which you find yourself and try, at the same time, to adapt to it. You cannot escape from it." Swami Prajnanpad

So is Winter coming any time soon? I could sure use some colder weather. I have to be real careful getting into my car after work that I don't touch any of the metal or I get burned.

I did an overall cleaning up of some of my posts yesterday when I came to the conclusion that I was whining entirely too much about work. I can't change anything there and whining doesn't help my state of mind any. So I took today's quote to heart and just took the major whines out.

Sometimes it is good to just step back from a situation and see what is really going on and what you can realistically do about it. It is okay to say there is nothing I can do and just go on. I can't change a thing at work so I'll just do the job the best I can and leave it at the door when I walk out.

Today is the birthday of one of my favorite cats, Sasha. Sasha loved people. He was the mascot when I ran my convention. I'll never forget Colin Baker leading my staff in meowing Happy Birthday to Sasha at the end of the convention party that I threw for my staff. The convention was always around Sasha's birthday so we always celebrated his birthday at the end of the convention. I really miss Sasha. He was a one of a kind cat.

The picture is called Full Moon.

The real counter is 5862.

No comments: