Monday, December 31, 2007

Another Year Gone

"Another year gone - hat in my hand, sandals on my feet." Basho

Actually I'm in my stocking feet but that's another story. Another year is winding its way down and soon it will be 2008. I have a couple of pictures rendering and soon will snuggle under the covers and see if I can figure out the perpetrator in the latest Andrew Greeley mystery. So far I haven't a clue which is why I love mysteries so much. I hardly ever figure them out so I'm always surprised.

It has been a mixed year for me as always. My job has changed at work and the best I can say for it is that it allows me to pay the bills and keeps the cat in style he has become accustomed to. I've watched my Mom's arthritis become worse and worse where she can barely hold a pen but still refuses to retire. I had an unexpected major surgery that went well and for the first time in years I am relatively pain free in the abdominal area.

The best thing for me in 2007 has been the growth of my art and writing. I have my first novel done and am starting the second one. I'll be checking with agents at the beginning of the year to see about trying to get it published. Gauging from the reactions to my art calendar this year my art has really grown in strength. For that I am truly grateful. My art is my solace in times of stress and the happiness it is bringing others is a real blessing. I have found that in the last couple of months since recovering from surgery that the picture ideas are coming faster then I can do them. I have more then once had both computers rendering pictures at the same time.

So as this year ends in a snowstorm that is coming in there is much to be grateful for. I am grateful for those of you who read this blog and I wish all of you a wonderful New Year.

The picture is called The Apple.

The real counter is 6594.

No comments: