Saturday, December 22, 2007

Soggy Saturday

"Learning that does not daily increase will daily decrease." Chinese Proverb

It is getting ready to rain and turning to snow tomorrow. It looks like a lot of rain tonight and a little snow on Sunday. Won't be a white Christmas this year.

I will have to make one trip out to get to the bank and the store and then stay home and baby this cold. Not how I wanted to spend Christmas hacking and blowing my nose. Oh well at least I am recovering well from the surgery.

I love the proverb for today. Learning is something that has to be on going. Once you refuse to learn more you may as well give up. Life is a constant adventure and something is always going on in the world that you can learn from. I always follow the latest advances in astronomy because of my love of outer space. I also follow medicine and science in general. But I will also strive to learn other things. Currently I am reading about the Chinese philosophy of Taoism. I am fascinated by Eastern philosophy because it is so different from ours.

While we are all different one thing remains the same. On Tuesday we will celebrate the birth of Christ who came to Earth for all of us. The picture is called All Creatures Great and Small.

The real counter is 6542

No comments: