Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy

"Only the intelligence of love and compassion can solve all problems of life." Krishnamurti

I have been really busy the last couple of days trying to get art work completed for Christmas gifts. Because of the time off from work I can't afford much in the way of material gifts this year so this year I'm giving art work. It is a gift from my heart.

I am finally starting to feel like myself and I'll be going out this afternoon to get my hair cut. So of course Mr. Weatherman decided to snow. We got maybe a 1/2 inch but it will be enough to make the roads slick. I'll also be doing grocery shopping for Mom since her back is hurting her. It feels good to be able to resume my normal life.

I also got around to ordering the things I need like the bobbin holder for my sewing machine so I can use it. I want to start sewing again. I also ordered my calendars for next year so that I can continue with the quotes you see at the beginning of the blog. If you are interested in getting the calendars I am using Wisdom of the East and Insights From the Dalai Lama. Both calendars are available on Amazon and kudos to Misty from there for her excellent service is fixing the problem with my order.

I like today's quote because it really ties into the Christmas season. So many times we get caught up in the buying frenzy and bogged down in the material aspects of the holidays that we forget that this is a religious time. Christ's message is one of love and compassion. I find that message is especially true this year for me. I explained to my family that I couldn't afford much this year and I was planning on giving art work. They all understood and indeed they sound like they are looking forward to receiving my pictures. I can print them here at home and mat them. It may not cost that much to do but it will be a personal gift and a sharing of myself.

The picture above is called Venus Skies and I had to do it after reading the article where scientists discovered there is lightening in the skies of Venus. How Cool!

The real counter is 6476.

No comments: