Saturday, December 1, 2007

One Down

"Just as a deep lake is clear and clean, so do the wise become clear after hearing the truths." Buddha

"Through practice it is possible to perceive every sentient being as a friend." Dalai Lama

I finally finished a major update to my art web site. It was getting too unwieldy as it was. I went ahead and took off some of the old pictures that I had redone. I figured if I wasn't satisfied with them the way they were why should I leave them up. Art is suppose to grow and evolve. I have two more pictures that I am going to redo today. The site is at http://members.aol.com/artbymichele/Art.htm

My brother is on the way over to pick up my art computer. They have only had it since November 15th and finally I got hold of someone today, after leaving messages, and it is fixed. Sigh. Customer Service? Not in this town.

I am finally starting to feel better and like my old self. Still lacking a bit in the energy department but definitely things are looking up. I am taking next week off and hopefully I'll be up and running by the following Monday. I've run into a couple of people from the hospital who tell me they miss me and my Mom has heard the same thing from other people. It is nice to be liked.

I finished a cookbook for my niece. Her husband is a vegetarian and she needed to know how to do a vegetarian meal plan. I went through and set up 50 meal plans for her with an explanation of how to get more plans based on what is in the book. It was a massive amount of work but it is something she will use and treasure. I am hoping to finish the rest of the gifts this week and then get started on my cards. I will also try and post here more often.

Today's quotes remind me that in order to have friends you must be a friend. That is something that many people have a problem with. Being a friend isn't buying stuff for people. I can purchase what I need. I don't want the material things in life. What I am looking for is someone who will be there when I need them. Someone who will listen to me when I need to talk. In turn I will be there for them and will listen when they need to talk. My ex always tried to buy people with expensive gifts but he was unwilling to give of himself. He is incapable of being there for a person when they need someone. When one of my best friend's mother was dying of a rapidly spreading cancer he couldn't understand why I needed to spend time with her. No I couldn't stop the cancer but I could hold her daughter's hand and comfort her. That is what friends are for.

The picture is called Victorian Gazebo.

The real counter is 6462.

No comments: