Thursday, October 30, 2008

Serenity


“Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” Lao Tzu

“Take your body and mind as the laboratory, engage in some thorough going research on your mental functioning, and examine the possibility of making some positive changes within yourself.” Dali Lama

While the new printer is handy being attached as it is to this machine, I have to say it is a real ink hog. No wonder the cartridges are cheaper then on the other machine they only hold a few drops. One project and I already had to change black ink cartridge. Oh well I guess it beats trying to save things to disc and then printing on the other machine. My major printing will be done on the old printer, which may be slower, but the quality is professional.

I got my holidays for next year courtesy of a great site by
Brownielocks and the 3 bears You have to check it out as she has some absolutely hysterical but true holidays. I discovered her site about three years ago and she is wonderful. If you need a laugh or just a reason to celebrate she probably has something for you.

I returned to work today to a stack of adjustments that they didn’t know how to do. It was a long day and I certainly didn’t feel like being there as I was extremely shaky. Only two people asked how I felt. Some of the others were just glad I was back because they had to work and take up the slack while I was gone. Oh well it supports my art so I can put up with it. I will be glad when mother retires from there however. She is real sick with an infection given to her by a coworker. She is even talking of staying home tomorrow if she doesn’t feel better.

As the quotation above suggests I have done my work for today and now I am stepping back and will get started on the calendars. Being creative is a great way to get past frustrations.
After scraping ice off my windshield this morning I long for this picture. It is called Hawaiian Summer Morning.

No comments: