Monday, January 2, 2006

Beauty

I finished my first picture of the new year and I am calling it "Celestial Dawn." Mother was thrilled by the picture and I am happy with it myself. My Mom said it was beautiful. It got me thinking about beauty.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." An interesting phrase I suppose. Beauty is all around us if we are willing to look for it. I think as frail and skinny as she is and with her almost 80 years showing in her wrinkles, my mother is beautiful because she loves me.

Sunrise and sunsets are beautiful times of day because of the colors that they bring. If you look hard enough you can find beauty everywhere. I guess that is what makes me such an idealist, that I can find beauty. Someone accused me of  being naive when I urged forgiveness of a several month's long grudge match between two people. I think he is naive to think that bragging about sitting in a hot tub with Satanist cartoonists makes him look sophisticated. I think the continual hatred he exhibits in every thing he says is childish. He blames everyone else, including God, for not having the life he thinks he deserves. He never takes the blame for his own actions. Naive, petulant, and immature.

I don't think that the desire for peace and wanting to help others is naive. I will attempt to be peacemaker when I can and if someone thinks it is naive so be it. I do what in my heart I know is right.

We pass by this way but once in life and in my passing I want people to remember me as someone who cared enough to try and make peace where there is dissension. Someone who tried her best to make life better for others by helping as much as I am able. I want to be thought of as a caring individual.

No comments: