Thursday, January 19, 2006

Dreams

I have always been fascinated by the subject of dreams and dream interpretation. I know that the dream state plays an important part in keeping us sane. Our brain uses that state to process the days trials and tribulations. It takes our worries and fears, our hopes and joys and feeds them through the subconscious and tries to process them in our dreams.

 

I have studied various psychologists and their interpretations of our dreams. I have read about how Freud and Jung interpreted dreams. I personally lean more towards Jung then Freud. The best books I have ever read on dreams were by Dr. Ann Faraday in her books “Dream Power” and “Dream Game” both of which I found very useful in interpreting my own dreams. I have kept a dream diary off and on for years.

 

What has me puzzled lately is the number of dreams where all of a sudden I am married. Since I am currently single and not dating anyone why I am dreaming so much about being happily married I don’t know. A couple of nights ago I dreamed that my husband and I decided to buy a Victorian style home and do it up with modern plumbing, wiring, central air and heat and furnish it with high quality antiques. Now that is something I would love to do but where is this husband at?

 

The closest I can guess at what is going on is my niece is constantly telling me that there is a man out there who will make me as happy as her fiancĂ© makes her. Psychologically I am over the damage that an abusive marriage did to me and I wouldn’t mind being married again. I am beginning to wonder if this isn’t a sign that my niece is right. Is God trying to tell me that there is indeed someone with whom I can spend the rest of my life? If so maybe I should ask for a map so I can find him.

 

The picture is called “Doorways.” I firmly believe that there are many doors we can choose that will lead to fulfilling our dreams.

 

No comments: