Wednesday, January 4, 2006

Cats

Cats are wonderful creatures. They all have personalities of their own and no two are ever alike. My cat Zonker was huge. He was 21 pounds 3 ½ feet from head to tip of tail and 15 inches at the shoulder. He was a red orange and gold tabby with amber eyes with a white heart on his chest. He was beautiful and he knew it. He had one of those personalities that left no doubt in anyone’s mind that he was a cat and you were just a poor human. Talk about a cat who never forgot that the Egyptians used to worship them. Zonker couldn’t be bothered with any little neighborhood. He was King of the Universe. Of course that didn’t stop him from getting lonely at one in the morning and wanting his ears rubbed.

 

Casper was my pure white good old boy. He was already ten years old when I got him. His previous owner had dumped him on the Vet with instructions to “put him to sleep he’s a pest.” Fortunately the Vet refused and kept him there until I decided a few years later that I wanted to take him home with me. Casper gave a new meaning to the word relaxed. Often times he would lay on top of the couch and you would suddenly find his paw draped on your shoulder. He just wanted to be near year and if you were going to watch TV any way he might as well use your shoulder as a paw resting place.

 

Sasha was my pride and joy. He was the friendliest cat you have ever seen. He had such a raucous personality that when I was running a science fiction convention he was our mascot. Sasha loved people. He also loved getting into mischief. His antics are legendary among those who knew him. There was the time that he saw Zonker walking by while he was on the counter top and you could see the light bulb go on “oh I’m going to pounce on my big brother” and he takes a flying leap into the water dish. This was the same cat who tried to walk on the bubbles in my bubble bath. Well they looked solid.

 

Merlin is my current cat. Spoiled rotten little momma’s boy that he is I still love him. His litter was abandoned by the mother cat so I have always been mommy to him. He currently gets mad and yells at the door when I go to work. Obviously it is the doors fault that it opened and let me leave the house rather then keeping me in to take care of him. I did mention Merlin is a bit on the spoiled side didn’t I?

 

No comments: