Sunday, January 7, 2007

Well I'll Try

"Anger deceives us. Try and distance yourself from anger." Dalai Lama

Sprint Customer Service (boy is that an oxymoron) probably won't believe I read that quote before I sent them the blistering email but I did. Maybe they should be glad that I did read it or their little server would be up in flames. My mother has been a customer since 1993 and recently upgraded her service. She was supposed to get a 10% discount on her bill, was promised that she wouldn't be charged for upgrading because she was such a valuable customer, etc. Yeah right. It is no surprise that Sprint is dead last in customer service satisfaction in a recent Consumers Report's survey. Not only did Mom NOT get her discount, she was charged $36.00 to "upgrade" her service (translation Sprint didn't have to do a darn thing because she was already established) but they had the audacity to charge her 15 cents for a text message they sent so we could keep track of her account on line. Not smart. You don't treat my mother that way. Those charges better be reversed and her discount applied pronto or government and consumer advocates are going to be bombarded with complaints from me.

What makes me so ticked off about this is the taking advantage of a customer by a corporation that cares only about profit rather then customer satisfaction. It is a stupid way to do business. I have been in customer service for many years and the first rule is the customer is always right. Rule two is if the customer is wrong see rule number one and do what you can to calm them down. Without customers you have no business.

So I guess if I ever meet the Dalai Lama I'll have to apologize for not following his advice which is of course good advice. Maybe by then Sprint will come to their senses and I won't be so cotton picking ticked off. Try to rip off my mother. The nerve of them.

The picture is called Shelter From The Storm because I am definitely in a stormy mood.

No comments: