Monday, January 1, 2007

Happy Geek Year

I just finished watching the Rose Parade. Last year our cable company managed to go out right before the parade but this time things went great. I discovered HGTV did the whole parade without commercials so I got to see all of it. George Lucas was the Grand Marshall and it is about time that one of our favorite Super Geeks was honored. He had a couple of cool floats made by Lucas Films and storm troopers and everything our little geek hearts could want. ;-)

I know New Years is suppose to be the time of year that we make resolutions that we hardly ever keep. I realize that I rarely stop and work on firm resolutions that I have made at the beginning of the year so why bother making them. This year I decided that I am going to take a look at my dreams. My biggest dream is to be able to do something with my art and writing so this year instead of making resolutions I am dedicating the year towards fulfilling my dreams. I already have the first picture ready to send to try and get my foot in the door as a "space" artist. I am starting the year out working on my dreams.

I have also thought about this blog and where I want to go with it. I have come to the conclusion, nowhere. This blog is where I want it to be. It is a personal place where I can ramble on about things that affect my life, or what I believe in, or just post new art. I have no illusions that I am changing the world with what I post here. I do know that their are people who read it every day and presumably they find it of interest or they wouldn't keep coming back. So I am happy with leaving this blog the way it is. Some people whine that blogs shouldn't be personal or have politics or religion in them but hey if it offends you the exit arrow is right above you. Use it and find a blog about something that interests you. Remember the old song "It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want To?" Well it's my blog and I'll blog how I want to. ;-)

The new year is starting well. Pixie is in a hot pink collar that I got her for Christmas and I just found what I did with it. I really do need to clean off that couch in my room. I put her jingle bell on the new collar because you really do need some warning as to where the little monkey is.

I am starting the new year with a new picture. It is called "The Sea of Dreams" and it is dedicated to dreamers everywhere. May all your dreams come true this new year.

No comments: