Thursday, January 17, 2008

Coming Out of It

"Praying is not about asking; it's about listening ... It is just opening your eyes to see what was there all along." Chagdud Tulka Rinpoche

The new medicine is starting to take effect and I'm feeling a little bit better. Of course the prednisone did the trick for a while the first time but when I finished the round this mess came back. Hopefully this time it will go away for good.

My mother handed me a check this morning so that I could pay off all of my medical bills and told me I didn't need to pay her back. She said it was her way of thanking God that there was no cancer. Today's quote really reinforces that gesture.

The beauty of her gesture made me step back and reevaluate my frustration at some of the things going on at work. It makes me realize that I just need to step back and not let it get to me. There is nothing I can do about the situation so I may as well just do my job to the best of my ability and take the paycheck and use it to support my art work and other hobbies. Life isn't worth the hassle of making yourself miserable. I just ignore the gossip and pettiness now. I can only change me and I have decided that there is no way I will be brought into the back stabbing going on.

I have been working on several pictures. I was never really satisfied with my The Queen’s Garden picture and with the new software I was able to change the central figure and the cat into something that I really liked. The picture is now what I wanted all along.

The real counter is 6652.

No comments: