Monday, January 28, 2008

That's a Wrap

"Why are we unhappy? We are unhappy because we are enslaved. Who enslaves us? We do, ourselves." Swami Vivekananda

I actually tried to write this morning but AOL has been so flaky lately it knocked me off and hey we all know how much I love heading off to work on a Monday morning. Yes my enjoyment factor is in the negative numbers thanks for asking.

To wrap up a few things. Saturday night and I finally found BBC America on our new Comcast which works just as well as Insight and don't ask okay? Doctor Who, oh yes love the Smith and Jones episode. No problem watching that one again. The Torchwood second season premier. Okay Captain Jack is back. Good to see James Marsten from Spike on Buffy the Vampire Slayer series. Uh-oh Captain Jack doesn't look real happy about seeing his old friend. Showdown at the bar time. Oh boy that won't be in the edited version! Passionate kiss and then beat the crap out of each other? Yes I am watching Torchwood. Definitely more adult then Doctor Who. Judging from last night's episode which I did enjoy a lot it will not be one of their longer episodes across the pond when they try and edit it for the family hour. ;-) Maybe 10 minutes ;-)

On to the South Carolina primary can we just say WHOO-HOO! Yes I am happy. And to the idiot who keeps trying to leave political commentary on AOL on the news stories have you thought of engaging your brain before you write? I love his comment about Barak Obama not being an American name. Sorry Hiawatha must have been taken when they named him. Other then that there is no such thing as an "American name" as everyone else immigrated from some other country. America is a melting pot and any name you can think of is now "American"  because of that. And speaking of names AOL do you really expect me to believe that your lovely little tech support helper with the very heavy Indian accent is really named Fiona?

A blast from the past today courtesy of my little brother. He actually managed to get in contact with one of my favorite musicians from when I was in college. It was such a kick to realize that I remember the lady he is married to. Those were definitely the days. One of the biggest joys in my life was college and theater.

I made a contact with a lady here in town who is a Prisoner fan and teaches at the university up the street. We plan on meeting up. It will be fun to be able to talk about one of my favorite shows with a fellow fan.  I'm looking forward to it.

So that's a wrap on the last couple of days. The picture is called Ginger.

The real counter is 6691

No comments: