Saturday, January 26, 2008

Makes Sense

"Power of mind is infinite while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei

My favorite football player of all time, Joe Montana, was named the quarterback for the Fantasy Super Bowl Team. Whoo-hoo!!!!!!!!! One of the things that did not get put in storage is my signed Joe Montana picture.

Joe really symbolizes today's quote. He was a thinking quarterback whose mind was just as important as his physical abilities. It was his ability to out think his opponents and that wonderful throwing arm that has made him the greatest quarterback of all time. I vividly remember a game in Denver when they were down to the two minute warning and the Denver fans thought they had the game in the bag. No way. Two touchdowns later Joe had won the game.

It is our ability to think that raises us above the level of animals. Unfortunately sometimes we think in primitive ways that denigrates the mind that we were given to use wisely. I have a coworker who uses her mind to try and get people in trouble. Why waste your abilities trying to scheme to hurt others?

After blowing up at work the other day people have stepped back and are starting to treat me with respect. They found that there are limits to what I will put up with. My boss turned on the lady and snapped at her for her efforts to try and get me in trouble. I was doing what I was told according to the directions I was given. It was an incorrectly worded EOB on the part of the insurance company that had me posting something contrary to what it should have been posted.

As I was taking my splitting headache home last night I had a picture idea that I tried. I am pleased with the effort. It is a very calming picture and I have called it Rose Window.

The real counter is 6679.

No comments: