Monday, January 7, 2008

Much Ado About Monday

"The ultimate proof of God's existence will come through your own experience in meditation. Once you have found Him in the cathedral of silent meditation in the depths of your soul, you will find Him everywhere." Paramahansa Yogananda

Have I ever mention that the phone service in this little burg I live in sucks? It does. Big time. The main phone line keeps going out although my brother's second line always seems to stay going. It is so bad that the Verizon repair service is programmed into my cell phone because I always have to call and get the repairman out here. We were without phone service most of the weekend but amazingly it came back on this morning before they had to send a repairman out again. So other then a sucky phone service and work which was equally as frustrating that’s my life so how are things with you? ;-)

Needless to say I am thrilled with Barak Obama's win in Iowa and the fact that he is now the front runner. I lived in Illinois when Mr. Obama first campaigned for the Senate. I was impressed about how he could run a clean campaign and campaign on the issues and not degenerate into  personal attacks. He reserves the right to disagree on the issues without having to vilify the person who holds them. I really like that. Their aren't too many gentlemen in politics.

The weather, that's always a popular topic, has gone from snow on the ground to 60 degrees with snow predicted this weekend. Weird weather in the Midwest. I miss California with its two seasons, wet and dry. Hopefully the family out there haven't floated away.

Other then being really tired and still battling this stupid cold I'm hanging in there. I guess it beats the alternative. I did a little art over the weekend. This one is called Birches in the Snow. When I drove to a neighboring town a couple of weekends ago I was fascinated by the sight of the leafless trees against the storm sky. Of course I had to try my hand at the picture.

The real counter is 6624

No comments: