Saturday, February 2, 2008

Roundup at the I Guess Its Okay Corral

"To know our soul apart from our ego is the first step toward accomplishing the supreme deliverance." Rabindranath Tagore

"When I consider the lack of cooperation in human society, I can only conclude that it stems from ignorance of our interdependent nature." Dalai Lama

Sigh, my coworker comes in with bronchitis and coughs her head off without bothering to cover her mouth and I now I have to battle it. I've struggled through work and came home and went to bed most evenings this week. Hence the lack of posting here.

We have been hit with real cold weather here but fortunately we didn't get as much snow as they were originally predicting. It is just enough to make it slick and the most appropriate song is Slip Sliding Away.

I was shown the power of a compliment earlier this week. I always try and dress nicely. I admit that I am a clothes horse and love dressing up. I was in the elevator with a young intern and she told me how much she likes the way I dress. She loves the fact that I will wear the knee length boots and will pair them with the shorter skirts. She likes that even though I'm older I still dress young. She ended up by telling me that I looked adorable. Talk about making my day. It had been a horrible week at work but I floated through the rest of the week.

I was startled awake at two in the morning with the sounds of a horrible crash. I saw Pixie running out of the computer room. The little brat had been up on the bookcase that holds my porcelain dolls and knocked two of the dolls on the floor and one of the fairy statues my Mom had bought me for my birthday. I am trying to mend it now. Fortunately the dolls didn't break because they are no longer making those dolls and I wouldn't be able to replace them. Pixie ran down stairs and spent the night with Mom because she knew I was mad at her. She has been trying to make up all day.

I like both quotes for today. In the first quote we are reminded of the importance of the soul. Too often we are driven by ego and don't stop and nurture the soul which is our connection to God within us. I get very weary of big egos. Praise when it comes from ourselves really has no meaning. It is when others give you praise that you know you are accomplishing something. For the self it is staying connected to the divine in you and nurturing the soul that is really important. It shows that you understand what life is really all about.

The Dalai Lama again reminds us that we are part of the whole. We are one race, the human race. We can not go it alone. We are dependant on others. We are one people, one world.

Today is Groundhog's Day and today’s picture is a humorous tribute to that holiday. As far as this little fellow is concerned you want the weather forecast check out the Weather Channel. He isn't going to look for his own shadow with that monster shadow out there.

The real counter is 6704.

No comments: