Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sailing Through Sunday

"God is the life surging within us; the life by which we see and love one another." Paramahansa Yogananda

"Love, compassion, and concern for others are real sources of happiness. With these in abundance, you will not be disturbed by even the most uncomfortable circumstances. If you nurse hatred, however, you will not be happy even in the lap of luxury. Thus, if we really want happiness, we must widen the sphere of love. This is both religious thinking and common sense." Dalai Lama

Okay so Merlin is spooked because the wind is blowing and it is only 15 degrees out there. Why he should be concerned about the temperature I don't know. He has multiple coats of fur and enough, uh let's see if we can be polite here, padding that even if he ever went outside he wouldn't feel the cold. Since he never goes outside I guess it is a moot point. Pixie on the other hand is just happy that people are up to pay attention to how cute she is. The joys of cats. Once I get my clothes ironed for the week I am going to play on my art computer because I have a cute cat picture in mind.

I did my good deed for today and programmed the numbers into my technologically challenged big brother's new cell phone. I also got him through setting up the voice mail and picking a ring tone. I still need to see how he can use the camera portion of the phone.

I do like today's quotes a lot. The Dalai Lama quote is something I have always believed in. When you "hate" someone you are only damaging yourself. The object of your hatred could care less. Negative emotions can only harm the person harboring them. When you act on negative emotions like hatred and jealousy they boomerang and come back on you. It is only when we act in a positive manner that we can achieve anything.

The picture is called At the Beach and I really would like to join the Doctor and K-9 there as we have more snow coming in and I could use the warmth.

The real counter is 6730

No comments: