Sunday, December 31, 2006

As Time Goes By

2006 is coming to a close. As always it has been a mixed year with some good and some bad. I'm spending the last day of the year battling a nasty virus. In spite of the flu I still managed to create something I am very proud of. I love National Geographic and their December 2006 issue has a wonderful story on Saturn, the jewel of our solar system. Based on photographs taken by the Cassini spacecraft and its discoveries about the moon Encelades I came up with this picture of what the scene would look like from the small moon itself. I am planning on getting the artwork to both National Geographic and NASA to see if I can generate interest in my doing space art for them. That is my plan for 2007. I hope all of you have a safe New Year's Eve and that the New Year itself brings you joy.

 

No comments: