Monday, October 29, 2007

This is the Day

My older brother asked me if I was supremely confident about today's surgery. Uh no. I'm scared half to death. Remember when I was on the jury duty a couple of years ago. The suit was against one of the doctors at this hospital. It was clear he was not at fault but the surgery nurse was. I'm confident in my doctor however I'm nervous about the staff that she has. I will be glad when it is all over.

Right now I have messages from all over the United States letting me know prayers are being said. I know that the Hospital Chaplain will be there with me and that our Parrish Priest will try and be there. My mother is planning on staying the entire day at the hospital. She is working this evening. My brother is working today so he will be in and out and probably some of my coworkers.

I've spent the last couple of days distracting myself with Doctor Who. I watched the Cybermen two parter last night. I really like this incarnation of the Doctor. There is no moral ambiguity about him. You know where he stands and you know he can't be corrupted. He is a Doctor who cares deeply.

The picture is called Into the Void. I'll write again after I get out of the hospital and feel well enough to sit up.

The real counter is 6302.

No comments: