Tuesday, May 2, 2006

Favorite Things

I am a fan of musicals and I saw "Sound of Music" when it came out and I love the song "These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things." I was thinking of things I like this morning.

I like cats. I grew up with cats and have had them through much of my life. Each one had a different personality. Zonker was a huge red/orange tabby. He was beautiful and knew it. He had a rotten temper and an attitude that said I'm King of the Universe. No small neighborhood for this guy. Casper was a snow white American short hair with ice blue eyes. He was so mellow. Sasha was a hyper active people's cat. He had an out going personality and was so friendly that when I did my conventions he was our mascot. My current cat Merlin is the world's biggest baby. He is scared of everything and wants my attention 24/7. He is a bit of a clown and makes my Mom laugh so I put up with him being so demanding.

I like dolls. I collect two kinds of dolls, ceramic and Cabbage Patch Kids. My mother gave me several dolls in old fashioned clothes for various Christmases. I have a Galadriel doll from Lord of the Rings who is a vision in white and gold. Mei-Lin is my Chinese beauty. Most of my Cabbage Patch Kids are in storage but I do have three of them here. One is one that has the real looking hair and she looks Oriental. The other is my boy doll in a San Francisco 49ers uniform with the number of my hero Joe Montana. The third one I got for my birthday last year and she has auburn hair, brown eyes and one dimple on the same side as I do. Michele as a Cabbage Patch Kid.

I like books. I am an avid reader and my favorite genres are science fiction/fantasy and mysteries. I always read before I go to sleep at night. Reading has been a big part of my life and I have always been a bookworm. In my reading I have traveled to the stars. I have matched wits with numerous bad guys but fortunately for the cause of justice there is a detective to figure out "who done it" because I rarely guess right.

I like unicorns and dragons and other mythical animals. It comes from my love of fantasy books. I write a fantasy series that has elves and unicorns and dragons and all the creatures that make fantasy so interesting to read. I frequently put dragons and unicorns in my art work. I have figurines with dragons and unicorns and cats of course.

I like to cook. I found out that I was a good cook a long time ago. I have recently been working on my own cookbook. I love to use lots of spices and my house always smelled of delicious spice. I found ways of cooking that cut calories, fat, sodium, etc. but still retained taste and while doing this I was able to lose 25 pounds. I love watching food shows on TV and one of the most watched channels on my set is Food TV.

There are many other things I like to do such as sewing, walking, playing with computers, and much much more. The thing I like the most is being able to help others. I like to be in a position where I can aid others in making their lives easier. I like being able to give money to charities that help people around the world.

Currently the thing I like the most is the sound the tea kettle makes when the water is boiling. That means my mother is up and around for another day.

No comments: