Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Next

I received an interesting email from the guy I went out with on Friday. He decided after meeting me once that he didn't feel a connection with me and that he doesn't share my many interests and he is set in his way and you can't teach an old dog new tricks, yada, yada. Oh please. Give me a break. You can't know someone from meeting them once and you would think that someone who can show you new things would be someone you would want to get to know. How sad to deliberately cut yourself off from new experiences.

I told my mother to heck with people my age or older I'm looking for someone younger who can keep up with me. This guy was six years older and retired early from teaching because he was "burned out." Maybe that was the best for him and his students. If you no longer have the enthusiasm to explore and teach then it is time to leave.

One thing I refuse to do is stagnate. I have to have new people, new ideas, new sensations in my life. Life is for the living and it shouldn't be something you just go through the motions with. I feel that you owe it to yourself to continue to learn throughout your life. I have so many interests. I am passionate about the environment and caring for this fragile planet we live on. I have always been excited about the exploration of space. What is out there? Who is out there? Will we ever meet beings from another galaxy?

I like to challenge myself in my art and in my writing. I want to continue to be able to create and to use my talents to the furthest of my ability. I don't ever want there to be a day when I become complacent and think I can never do better then what I am doing now.

So what am I looking for in a companion? I want someone who has the joy of living in his soul. I want someone I can talk to about various things. I want someone who likes to go to science fiction conventions as much as I do. I want someone who will be a partner and support me in my endeavors to pursue my art and writing professionally. I want someone with a sense of humor who can laugh with me. I want someone who cares about others and takes care of himself. If he is a geek like me that would also be fine with me.

The picture is called "Untamed."

 

No comments: