Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day. My Mom has heard from all her children and her granddaughter. Her grandcat is taking a nap but then he usually is taking a nap. She seems to be in a good mood today and feeling okay. She enjoys hearing from her children who are away from home.

I think today's Oriental Wisdom calendar thought is very appropriate from Mother's Day. It says: "The faith waiting in the heart of a seed promises a miracle of life which it cannot prove." Rabindranath Tagore. The seed of life that a woman carries within her can blossom into the miracle of a child. The love and bond between a mother and her child is one of the most beautiful things in life.

While today is Mother's Day I do try and make every day special for my Mom. I don't want there to be a day that goes by without her knowing that I love her. She has always been a great mother and I want to show my appreciation for all that she has done for me not just today but every day. Love shouldn't just be assigned to just one day. Show your mother you love her today but surprise her tomorrow and let her know you still love her even though it is just an ordinary day.

The picture is called "The Gift."

 

No comments: