Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Simple Life

"In separation from God is man's greatest misery." Mahatma Gandhi

The above quote and the lyrics from "Satisfied Mind" which is on my Hal Ketchum "The Hits" CD have been running through my mind. I have really been missing my Dad lately. I miss being able to talk to him. I miss his sense of humor. He would really be proud of his granddaughter's upcoming marriage in June. I know he would be helping me in making the wedding dress for her.

Mom hasn't been the same since she lost Dad. He was her first big love and he will be her last. She has no intention of ever trying to meet someone else. They had been married 55 years when he passed away. She sees each day as being one day closer to seeing him again in Heaven.

While I don't go to church as often as my Mom does I feel that my faith in God is equally strong. It is in the times of trouble that I feel God and the angels presence most closely in my life. The idea that there is a force of good looking over me is what helps me in these troubled times. I try to do my part in helping make things easier for people I come in contact with. I try to find peace within myself. It is one of the reasons I am being so picky in who I go out with. I need someone who will not disturb that peace that I have worked so hard to attain.

The picture is called "Simple Life." The lyrics to the beautiful song written by Tony Arata are below.

Satisfied Mind

Many more miles were behind him
Than he had left to go
Closing in upon that last one
That we must walk alone
It's the one across the end of the line
So we hold on and we told stories
Of the good and bad in all
Of the power and the glory
And the lonely days that crawled
And we prayed heaven holds true love
And a satisfied mind

Chorus:
He said I ain't afraid of dying
'Cause I know there's something worse
When you have to see your reason for living go first
And you get left behind
Some can think of nothing better
Than to live this life forever
I never wanted no more then was mine
And to lay down someday and go home
With a satisfied mind

He said don't look into the darkness
If you want to see true black
Look into the morning's brightness
When love ain't coming back
And you will find there is a darkness that binds
And don't think wealth is ever having
All you want all to yourself
It is found when you are giving
What you have to someone else
The only difference in the rich and the poor
Is a satisfied mind

Chorus

And one light began to fade
As one grew brighter and he said...

Chorus

No comments: