Saturday, July 8, 2006

Art

I'm glad I have my art. Being able to create really does calm me down when I'm feeling upset. My boss took off for her Hawaiian vacation and didn't even have the courtesy to reply to my email asking about the review and raise that is close to a year past due. She wouldn't even look at me yesterday. It is very unprofessional and I am not a happy camper.

Then my brother informs me his car has broken down and he needs $7,000.00 for a new engine that Mom of course has to pay for. That is just way out of line. So I am now checking to see if we can buy a used car in his area for less then that. That kind of money put into a nine year old car is not acceptable. More stress for Mom and myself.

To relieve the strain I spent the last couple of days working on a new picture. I love unicorns and this picture idea came to me. I had to make changes in my original concept because I was unable to come up with a realistic human baby for the lady to hold. Last night after being very frustrated I thought "what about a baby unicorn" and this morning I finished the picture. I am pleased with it. It is called "Protector."

The rest of the weekend is devoted to Mom. I'm going to download and Photoshop wedding pictures for her, do her shopping, take her to church and take her up to see her sister. I'll also try and find time to fix those pants for her. She does so much for everyone in the family that I don't mind taking care of her.

No comments: