Wednesday, July 5, 2006

Finally Some Quiet

"Close the language-door, and open the love-window. The moon won't use the door, only the window." Djlal ad-Din Rumi

Oh boy those fireworks were noisy last night. The park is right behind the house and fireworks were going off almost until midnight. Poor Merlin was a wreck. I briefly thought about going to watch them but the bugs are eating me alive now.

I spent the whole day on the computer yesterday. I backed the Journal up on my PC in case AOL goes blooey and loses it for some reason. Having had them lose my website before I don't exactly trust them not to mess up. I also updated my website. I really must do that more then once every six months. What a chore! But it looks good and I have all my art up finally. It is at http://members.aol.com/michelewln/ if you are interested.

I am intrigued by today's quote on my Oriental Wisdom calendar. A couple of days ago I finished a picture called "Dream Catcher" that featured a moon and a Native American dream catcher. I have always been impressed by the spirituality of the Native American beliefs and their understanding and reverence for the earth. This fragile planet of ours is a gift from God and we really do need to do a better job of caring for this gift of ours.

 

No comments: