Thursday, July 20, 2006

Heat

"A virtuous person sleeps well." Thai proverb

That of course works unless the air conditioner is on the Fritz and it is still in the 90s outside. I know the sun hasn't gone nova on us but it sure feels like it. The cat is hot because he can't find the hidden zipper to take the fur coat off and he is miserable and why should I sleep if he can't.

I have noticed at work that the heat seems to be bringing the crankiness out of the people that I have to deal with. It is hard to breath sometimes and the heat is driving my asthma crazy. I think everyone is finding that this excess of sun and humidity is affecting their ability to feel really good.

We are supposed to be getting a cool spell tomorrow. It will only get up to 84. It reminds me of a patient I was talking to on my old job who was freezing because it was only 78. I was north of Chicago and I told him I could make him feel really warm. Our current temperature was 23 degrees below zero and our high that day was going to be minus ten. He started laughing and singing "Heat Wave."

 

No comments: