Saturday, July 1, 2006

Exploration

I have been revisiting some of my old art in an effort to see how my art has evolved in this journay of mine to be an artist. I took a look at the first picture that I had done called Alien Moon and redid it to reflect some of the things I have learned since 1998 when I embarked into the field of graphic art. One of the things I have learned is how to alter the shapes of terrains. I no longer have to go with the spikes. I have learned to smooth out the shapes and apply the erode and other controls to get a shape more in line with what I was envisioning. Ah yes techno geek. I also learned how to position the planets in the sky so that they came behind the atmosphere of the planet or moon I was based on. With these tools at hand I have an Alien Moon 2 that I really like. I will keep the first version because it too has a place in my art.

Life changes and I am able to do things now that I wasn't able to do when I was younger. Life should be a learning process where we can change and learn something new all the time. I can not imagine a life that is stagnant. We have senses that should be used to the fullest.

Take food for an example there are so many different tastes out in the world in regards to food. I am a person who likes to experiment when it comes to food. I like to use spices. I like to explore different ethnic types of cooking. I find that I enjoy Chinese, Italian, and Tex-Mex food a lot. A lot of the recipes I created have those themes in them. I enjoy cooking and creating new recipes.

My writing tends to go towards the science fiction and fantasy genres because that is where I truly feel at home. I have been reading it since I was 8 years old. I like the wild expanse of imagination it takes to create strange new worlds. It is a way I can let my imagination go free.

My art also explores the themes of space and fantasy. Again I can let my imagination go wild. I don't have to restrict myself to this one little planet. I can explore. That is what my life is all about. Exploration. Sometimes my exploration can venture in the silly. I look at Alien Moon 2 and see a rocky road ice cream mountain sitting in a pool of chocolate with a cherry planet in the sky.

 

No comments: