Friday, August 18, 2006

End of the Week

"He who thinks to reach God by running away from the world, when and where does he expect to meet him? ... We are reaching him here in this very spot, now at this very moment." Rabindranath Tigore

"The sole concern of learning is to seek one's original heart." Mencius

The weekend is finally arriving with a couple of pretty heavy quotes from my Oriental Wisdom calendar. It fits the mood I'm in. I'm seeing my doctor today for a follow-up and I'm asking him about the blood test scores that show prediabetes. I've learned that you have to ask him or he won't really give the answers you need.

In life you need to ask questions to get answers also. I guess the ultimate question has always been what is the purpose of my life? It is interesting to see how some people answer that questions by behavior in their lives. For some celebrities I guess the answer is party on. For some people it is to grouse about life and complain and make as many people miserable as possible. For some it is to help others.

In searching for the meaning of life mankind has also searched for a higher being and an inordinate amount of words have been spent trying to prove or disprove god's existence. I feel comfortable in my belief there is a God and s/he is with us always. I don't need to search on lonely mountain tops. S/he is a real presence. The original heart in the second quote is a search for a relationship with God that each individual takes. Whether they embrace him/her at the end of the search is up to the individual. You can not force belief on anyone.

The weekend brings my Sci-Fi night back and tonight should be fun on one show and kind of scary on the other. Stargate SG1 marks its 200th episode with what looks like to be a geek's gift of sci-fi references. I'm going to see how many I can count. Stargate Atlantis looks to be a real serious fight to regain a mind disturbed.

I was looking for new 3D models the other evening and came up with the one for Anubis from Egyptian mythology and decided that a Stargate tribute picture was in order.

 

No comments: