Tuesday, August 15, 2006

More Changes

"By your stumbling, the world is perfected." Sri Aurobindo

I made the effort to get hold of the test results for various procedures that have been done the last couple years at my local hospital because my doctor just doesn't tell me enough. It basically confirmed what I knew about the arthritis that it is getting worse and pretty much in most of the body. There isn't a whole lot you can do about osteoarthritis other then what I'm doing now anti-inflammatory medicine when it is real bad, keeping my weight down, moderate exercise, calling Arthur nasty names when he flares up. I knew I had a hiatal hernia but they have finally found a medicine that keeps it and the GERD under control. I've always liked the color purple.

The one that has me shook however is the last blood tests from that horrible flu I had. The glucose level is showing prediabetic. I have one brother who is full fledged diabetic and an Aunt who became diabetic after medicines she was put on triggered it. This weekend strength permitting I need to get into my storage shed and find the diabetic cookbook I created a couple of years ago for friends who were diabetic. I want to get this under control via diet so God willing it won't develop into full fledge diabetes. I have started making some changes is diet already and my morning coffee (or do you want any coffee in your cream and sugar Dad would ask) is now sweetened with Splenda and the Coffeemate that is made with Splenda. That way I can enjoy my coffee without all the high sugar.

As my quote for the day on my Oriental Calendar indicates I'm stumbling around to find a solution to the problems of my health. I'm not one to let things get me real down any more. Once I affirmed to myself that I have the final control over my life I see things not as set backs but as a challenge to overcome. Besides I need to make sure I have my energy up because mother has decided that two of the four kittens will be in residence and with three cats this place is going to be hoping and I know who is going to end up taking care of the critters.

The picture is called "The Door" and is from my Prisoner series but for me it illustrates where my head is at today. I have challenges ahead of me and I can either stand in fear of what is on the other side of the door or I can realize there are no walls and I am free to make choices that will be the best for me. In one of my short stories a character said, "Wisdom understands real fear. Ignorance ignores real fear. Courage overcomes real fear. Cowardice gives into imaginary fears." I know I am scared about this latest health thing but I am determined to overcome it.

 

No comments: