Saturday, December 17, 2005

Lemonade

My mother is fond of saying that when life hands you lemons make lemonade. I have always tried to do that. When things have happened in my life that are difficult for me to deal with I always try to step back and see what I can do to remedy the situation or at least learn something from it. I learned from a bad marriage that I will be more careful to make sure that if I marry again it will be to a person that is right for me. Sympathy for the devil does not a happy marriage make. I learned from my Dad's death that I was a lot stronger then I ever dreamed I could be. I learned that when a job I loved was taken from me because of jealousy that I could get another job and still help people.

I have learned the patience that I never had as a child. My art forces that on me because the computer will go at its own pace in rendering a picture and the more complicated I make it the longer it will take to render. I always grew up hearing that patience was a virtue. Of course it isn't a virtue that I always have but I am getting better.

Currently in the Midwest we are having a winter that definitely is not going to be a fun or mild one. We don't normally get snow in November. We may have a white Christmas but it usually melts fairly fast. This year promises to be wet and cold and very white and definitely not a delight. The sprained ankle has proven that. However if you have to deal with such a winter you might as well have some fun with it. Hence the title of this picture is "Winter Wonderland."

 

No comments: