Saturday, December 31, 2005

Quiet Morning

I'm in a lot calmer mood today then I was yesterday. Part of the Aries temperament I guess, we blow up but get over it quickly.

We had quite a storm last night and more rain coming in. I worry about the family in California though as they are getting socked by storms. This doesn't promise to be a real good winter for anybody. I need to get out to the store before storm number two hits here. I can hear mother so I'll wait until she has her breakfast and has a chance to make her shopping list out so that I can do her shopping too. She hates to shop much to the amazement of her youngest great-grandson. When he was here he Zack asked her "You don't like to shop grandmother, not even for toys?" That still cracks her up.

If you look for it life can be full of laughter. I can never understand people who are so sour that they can't see the humor around them. A smile and a laugh a day is good for a person. I get amusement out of my cat Merlin. I gave him a kitty stocking for Christmas. He ignored all of the normal looking toys and zeroed in on the goofy toy I call "pink fuzzy face." I can tell already that 2006 will be the year I spend half of my time on my hands and knees looking under beds, couches, desks, chests, etc. trying to find where he batted it. If  I don't he goes all pitiful on me and whines. He is a character that cat and he keeps Mom chuckling too. That alone makes it worthwhile to fight him for half of the bed every night. My little fuzzball grew up to be 15 1/2 pounds and when he stands on his hind feet he can wrap his front paws around my waist.

No comments: