Monday, December 19, 2005

Musings on a Winter Morn

We are down to the final stretch in being ready for Christmas. I have two presents to print and wrap still but I'm ahead of all other years. I can print one tonight and since the other one won't get delivered to my Aunt until after Christmas I can safely wait. I need to print a calendar for myself so I know when all the wacky holidays are next year. Procrastinating big brother is supposed to get the tree and ornaments out for me today so that I may set the tree up tonight. He is also supposed to go to the Post Office and mail the packages to family and friends. After all I wrapped everything and boxed them up it is the least he can do.

It should be a quiet week at work since they don't want us calling and bugging people for money during Christmas week so maybe I can get some of the pile of paperwork done. We have our gift exchange at work tomorrow. I need to make the pasta salad tonight.

There is something to be said for last minute however. I came up with the salad everyone raves about at 10:30 one evening when I realized that the stores were closed and I needed a salad for a picnic the next day. So for those of you needing to make a dish to bring try this one. I know from experience that it will bring rave reviews.

I'm Making This up as I Go Along Pasta Salad

Recipe By     :Michele Wilson
Serving Size  : 8     Preparation Time :0:25
Categories    : Salads

Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------     ------------       --------------------------------
8             ounces         macaroni -- cooked and drained
4              whole          hard-boiled eggs -- chopped
4              whole          sweet pickles -- chopped
2             ounces         pimiento -- diced
4             ounces         black olives -- sliced
1             medium        sweet onion -- diced fine
3             tablespoons  balsamic vinegar
1            cup                  low-fat mayonnaise
1/2         teaspoon       seasoned salt
1/2         teaspoon       seasoned pepper
1            tablespoon     salad herbs
1            tablespoon     Dijon mustard
1/4         teaspoon        paprika

Cook macaroni according to package instructions; drain. Place in large bowl along with eggs, pickles, olives, pimentos, and onion. 

In a small bowl mix the vinegar, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, salad herbs, paprika, and mustard. Pour over macaroni mixture and mix thoroughly.  Chill for at least an hour.

Description:
  "The result of realizing at 10:30 P.M. that I need a salad for a picnic the next day. Using what I had in the pantry and refrigerator I came up with this salad."
Source:
  "Healthy Food That Tastes So Good!"
Copyright:
  "Michele Wilson © 1998"
Start to Finish Time:
  "1:30"
                                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 265 Calories; 13g Fat (43.4% calories from fat); 7g Protein; 30g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 116mg Cholesterol; 526mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

 

No comments: