Thursday, December 29, 2005

Try A Little Kindness

I wish I had more patience. Sometimes I really get frustrated with life in general and certain people in particular. People have a tendency to frown however if you walk up to someone and smack them across the head and say "now that I’ve got your attention." Besides it is hard on the hand.

Some people prefer to hold onto grudges and refuse to admit that they had any part in problems that exist because of them. I’m about to walk away from one of my favorite newsgroups because two people are constantly sniping at each other. I would love to smack them both but they are in England and I am here in the States. They make life more miserable then the trolls who at least have the grace to be mildly entertaining. But one refuses to let go of a grudge and the other is an egotistical s.o.b. who refuses to admit he was wrong. If neither one of them ever showed up again in the newsgroup no one would miss them. They are both immature trouble makers. They prove that attaining the age of adulthood is no guarantee that maturity came with the years.

I find as my mother’s health declines that my patience with idiots is getting shorter. I can’t take rudeness and stupidity the way I use to be able to. I don’t know if there is a saint of patience but I could sure use him or her right now. With life being so short why mess it up with hatred and petty jealousy. My colleague at work the other day couldn’t figure out why I was nice to a whining old man. How about because everyone else gets curt with him and he deserves a smile once in a while. They focus on the fact that he is a pest when kindness proved yesterday to be a better solution. He has problems too and they keep harping to him without getting to the core of the problem. All they needed to do was try a little kindness. I had him smiling as he left. No one else in the office has ever done that.

Why is courtesy and decency so hard for some people to manage? Remember growing up that the magic words were please and thank you? Do people really think that just because they are an adult that they don’t have to practice courtesy any more?

There are just so many sourpusses any more. Hey guys the muscles you use for a frown work in reverse to give a smile. Try it. You may learn to like it. Hey it got our grouchiest patient to smile back. I know it works. Besides the world would be a lot better place if people would be nicer to each other.

The picture is called "Planet Fall" because I need a little serenity in my life right now.

No comments: