Saturday, October 14, 2006

Catching Up

"Place yourself as an instrument in the hands of God, who does his own work in his own way." Baba Ram Das

I have a couple of more tasks that I want to accomplish this weekend and I'll have everything caught up that I wanted to accomplish this vacation. I got 5 large bags of clothes down to Goodwill yesterday. I got rid of all the clothes that were now too big. This way I have to watch my weight in order to keep dressed.

I am still lecturing myself over yesterday's decision to drop out of my newsgroup but I am beginning to realize that it is something I should have done a year ago. If I am going to be true to my beliefs then I am going to have to act on them. I was in denial on how much hypocrisy and cruelty there was from people I wanted to be above that sort of behavior.

I discovered again that you can only change yourself, you can not change others. You can try and persuade them what the honorable thing to do is but you can only live your life not anyone else’s. It was the right decision.

No comments: