Friday, October 6, 2006

Renewal

A challenge for any computer guru reading this, Pixie walked on my Logitech Easy Internet Keyboard last night before I could grab her and somehow managed to change the font size I see on my screen for the internet to extra large. How do I change it back?

I have only today to get through at work and then I'm on vacation for a week. I can hardly wait. It will be nice to have a week off of work when I'm not sick.

I have some things I plan to accomplish during my week off. Most of them will be working on the computer doing Christmas presents. I tend to do a lot of personalized gifts for Christmas.

The war between the cats has finally settled down. Merlin isn't real happy but he is at least tolerating Pixie. He follows her all over the place. Me and my much much larger shadow.

The upcoming week will be a renewal of my inner energy. I am really burned out at work and need the break. Everyone needs to be able to take a break from the daily grind even if it is only a half hour out of the day to devote to yourself. Life will wear you down after while and if you don't take a moment now and then to recharge your batteries then you are letting yourself in for some difficult times. The body will stand stress for only so long before it becomes sick and enforces a rest. So take a few minutes for yourself each day. Take a walk. Read from a good book. Watch a little TV. Meditate. Do something just for you. It will improve your outlook on life immeasurably.

No comments: