Saturday, April 29, 2006

After the Pain

Sometimes cute can hurt. The house I live in is a very cute little cottage style house but it has sloping ceilings and weird angles. The upstairs bathroom has an angled ceiling that I have to be really careful of. I had a small slip and cracked my head on the slope Thursday morning and I am just now getting over the severe headache that it caused. I changed pillows and used a real soft one last night and that cushioned the head enough to let me sleep. I wish I could find soft solutions to life's other problems.

I'm going to go back to doing something else I have always loved and that is sewing. I got my machine out of storage and found some of my material. I'm going to make a couple of outfits for myself to get back in the swing of things before I tackle my niece's wedding dress. I haven't sewed in a few years and I need to get use to my sewing machine again. For me sewing is an art form where I can take a straight piece of material and turn it in to something beautiful to wear.

I left work yesterday very frustrated. The job is overwhelming and we are short staffed but no one seems to think that things need to be changed in order to fix problems. I feel like I work in pure chaos most of the time. I try to leave the work there come Friday evening but sometimes I have to force myself to think of other things.

One of the things that calmed me down last night after a particularly rotten day at work was reading the quote of the day in my Oriental Wisdom calendar. It said: "God is in the water of the lake; he is also in the cracked bed of the lake when the lake has dried up." Mansur al-Hallaj. I find it comforting that in good times and bad that God is there for us. Knowing that there is a higher power that cares for me is one of the things that allows me to maintain a perspective in my life. I know there a rough times coming because Mom's heart is so bad that her time on this earth is limited. It will be hard to lose her but as it did when I lost Dad my faith will help me get through.

The picture is called "Lucky Escape" and the explosion was my head Thursday morning.

 

No comments: