Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Over Coming

It seems that at those times when I have the least faith in myself something happens that renews my self esteem. I started a picture on Saturday having no idea what I really wanted to do. The end results were spectacular. In addition to the picture a short story came to mind that is telling a powerful story. This has dispelled my doubts that I will continue to be creative. God has answered one of my prayers with a very big yes. Yes I am still a writer and artist.

My mother is having heart problems again but she is doing better. She was off work yesterday and today is her regular day off so the rest is doing her good. I was praying that she would be cancelled yesterday so that she could spend the day resting after Monday's chest pains. Again God has answered my prayer.

Sometime during the night I feel as if a burden has been lifted. I know I am doing the best I can and that is all I can reasonably expect of myself. I don't have a pair of Superman tights and should allow myself to be human. I can't solve all the problems. I can only do what I can and trust in the Lord that he will guide me along the way.

The picture is called "Hero's Lament" and will be the cover art for the story I am writing of the same name.

 

No comments: