Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Working Off Frustration

I have decided that AOL stands for "Angry Obscene Language" because that is what you have a tendency to use if you are on this stupid system. How someone this big can constantly mess everything up I don't know. It gets real frustrating trying to keep the Journal and web site up because the system constantly crashes.

It has been crazy at work. I am so swamped that I could scream. Every time I turn around they are dumping more work on my desk. I don't think anyone realizes how time consuming these "projects" are and they wonder why we can't collect money. We don't have time to call and try and make payment arrangements because we are on the phone to insurance companies, filling out forms, trying to get paperwork completed, etc. I try to leave the job at work when I come home but unfortunately I usually come home with a pounding headache.

I'm worried about Mom today. This was supposed to be her day off and they called her in to work from 11 a.m to 11 p.m. This woman is almost 80 years old. She shouldn't be working a 12 hour day like this. It is poor planning on their part plus letting an employee get away with calling in any time she feels like it. Needless to say I won't be able to sleep tonight until I know she is okay and hasn't over done things.

I'm going to work on art work tonight now that I have the Easter cards finished for Mom and my taxes done and e-filed. Love computers they make tax time easy. Now I just need to sit my brother down and get his taxes done sometime before Tuesday.

I need to find a nice weekend without thunderstorms so I can go through my storage shed and get some things out plus I need to go get material and make my nieces wedding dress. In addition she has asked me to be in the wedding party so I will need to go and find the bridesmaid's gown. So much to do but I need to make sure she has made up her mind completely before I make the dress and floral pieces.

The picture is called "Chaos" which is how my life feels right now.

 

No comments: