Friday, April 7, 2006

Lull Between the Storms

My Oriental Wisdom calendar for today is a quote from Thich Nhat Hanh: "Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy."  I'm a person who smiles a lot. I share those smiles. Sometimes a smile can brighten someone's day. There are times I feel like telling certain people that the muscles that make them frown all the time work in reverse and make a smile. Try it sometime folks it really works.

Four AM this morning saw another thunder storm and a freaked out cat. There are more thunderstorms predicted for this evening and hopefully the storms won't have tornados attached to them this time. My brother in California was saying that they may get some thunderstorms too. Having experienced California thunderstorms I can safely say that they are wimps compared to the Midwest storms. I love California even the storms are laid back. I miss the state and my friends but I just can't afford to live there any more.

My body has finally decided to let me know that it has been dealing with too much stress. My neck and shoulder have been really sore for weeks now and are getting worse. I have some stress tabs that I'm starting back on. Don't tell Tom Cruise. ;-)

One of the ways I deal with stress is through my art. I'm starting a new series called the Guardian series. The computer is chugging its way through a new picture right now. It will take it a day or so to finish because one of the effects is time consuming. In the meantime the first picture is done and is called "Guardian of the Flame." I'm borrowing the dragon to clean my desk off at work.

 

No comments: