Sunday, April 2, 2006

You Gotta Laugh

You have to have a sense of humor to get through life. It takes a sense of humor to be on AOL after all. Sorry to the 1463 people who have read this blog but AOL just eliminated you and reset the counter. They were probably doing housekeeping and eliminated you along with some of the pictures that I had to reload.

I love some of the classic British humor such as Monty Python. Others who have tickled my funny bone over the years are Dave Allen, Paul Hogan, Peter Cook and Dudley Moore. One of my favorite funny movies is "The Wrong Box" which abounds with subtle humor. I am not a fan of gross out humor. Watching Friday's episode of Doctor Who I think someone should have told the producer that fart jokes really aren't funny and got in the way of what could have been a half way decent episode.

Over in my newsgroup I am finding that our newcomers have a great sense of humor and are not adverse to subtle puncturing of over inflated egos. I am waiting to see if their target has a sophisticated enough sense of humor to laugh or if she is going to go off onto another rant

I find humor occasionally in my art. The wonderful people at Poser have this feature called disembodied body parts. Come Halloween I'm going to have a lot of fun with this one. This picture is called "Lazy Afternoon" and is based on the Prisoner series. After all fellow Irishman Patrick McGoohan did manage to slip in some humor into his thought provoking series. As they say all work and no play makes for a boring day. You gotta laugh. My favorite quote is from Oscar Wilde, "Don't take life too seriously, you aren't getting out of it alive."

No comments: