Sunday, April 9, 2006

Something New

I am working on a new series of art pictures. I am calling it the "Guardian" series. The elements that will tie the pictures together are semi-transparent dragons and a rainbow sky. I am excited by this series since I have never done anything quite like this before. The concept came to me the other day when I did "Guardian of the Flame." All of a sudden I could see a multitude of images in my head.

I had a weird experience last night when I was playing around on the computer waiting for Turbo Tax to finish down loading. I came across an e-bay auction of my artwork. I remember selling these prints to a man from a store in Southern California. I knew he was reselling them. He was quite complimentary towards my work in his description of the art. Still it was strange to see my art up for sale like that.

My art has changed over the years as I have learned to use the computer programs that create the art for me. As my confidence grows in my abilities my art work continues to improve. I am doing more complicated art now then I did when I first started. A few years ago I would not have been able to come up with the Guardian series.

So far my greatest worry regarding my art and writing has not come to pass. I have this fear that the ideas will dry up and I won't continue to be able to create new things. That is one reason why I try and leave myself open to new ideas all the time. You never know what may inspire a picture or a story.

The picture is called "Guardian of the Water."

 

 

No comments: