Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Woo-Hoo!


“If my heart can become pure and simple like that of a child, I think there probably can be no greater happiness than this.” Kitaro Nishida

“Obviously, it is not enough for us simply to think about how nice compassion is! We need to make a concerted effort to develop it; we must use all the events of our daily lives to transform our thoughts and behavior.” Dalai Lama

Finally the web site is up and running! I checked out all the links and as far as I can tell they are all working. It was certainly a long hard haul to get it done but I am very pleased with it. Now comes the job of promoting it so that people know it is there. Check it out at: Art by Michele Wilson

I also just finished cleaning the upstairs. My brother has promised for months to clean our bathroom and hasn’t gotten around to it. We have a plumber coming tomorrow and I wasn’t going to let anyone seeing that filthy bathroom so I followed the old adage of "if you want something done do it yourself." The computer room and my bedroom also got cleaned while I was at it since we have someone coming to take out the air conditioners.

According to the doctor yesterday I have severe arthritis in the jaw that is affecting the ears as well as a virus infection. He ordered anti-inflammatory for the ear and I’ve been downing the Advil capsules. It does seem to have had an effect, as it isn’t quite as painful as it was. I am off today and tomorrow and will go back to work on Thursday. My mother’s last day of work is this Sunday and I will be very glad to have her retire. That is what is new in my life.

In the world I have been reading about those neo-nazis who wanted to assassinate Obama and kill so many black people. I wonder if it will dawn on the McCain/Palin campaign that their negative ads and speeches, when taken to the extreme, lead to this kind of hatred. This is the face of bigotry. This is what inflammatory ads and speeches lead to. It isn’t too late to stop the hatred and start focusing on the issues instead. Somehow I doubt they will do that. That is a really sad thing.

No comments: