Friday, October 3, 2008

I Need Your Help ASAP

"You should not lose hope. You should be optimistic, and have self-confidence. In our own example, in spite of overwhelming challenges, we never lost our confidence.' Dalai Lama

AOL is shutting down their Journals and Web Pages as of October 31st. No warning or loyalty at to their users.

I live in a small Midwest town and we are going to Comcast high speed internet. They say I can log onto any carrier with it. I need three things.

1. Where is the best place to move this blog to? I have everything backed up on my computer so I can move the entire thing. It is in Microsoft Word so that is a consideration in ease of uploading. I want a stable place that get reasonable readership.

2. Where is the best place to move my Web Site too? This is backed up on and done in Microsoft Front Page 2000. This is a really big graphics intensive site. Again I'm looking for ease of transferring it over, reasonable readership, and large enough to continue to upgrade and add new images as I do them.

3. Who is a good internet carrier that I can switch over to? I am not planning on styling forever in this little burg and will probably end up in North Carolina where my niece and her family resides. I want a carrier that is dependable and that I can get locally (Central Indiana) at the moment.

Any help you can provide so that I get everything moved over as soon as possible in order to but a placer here in time for people to know where I went to. Thanks to all of you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know much about this switching but The Magic Smoke journals are telling everyone how to do it. I don't have a journal, but I enjoy reading them. Let me know where you go. I love your journal.
nrohman@aol.com