Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Fly Away

There are a lot of places that I would like to visit. I think the top of my list has to be Ireland. We are Irish on both sides of the family and I really would like to visit the land where my ancestors emigrated from. The same goes for Scotland where ancestors of our Dad were from the Highlands. I would probably add Wales to the mix just because I would like to see the places where Mary Stewart's "Merlin" series started. I would like to see some of the theatre in London especially something by the Royal Shakespeare Company and the National Theatre. My dream would be to see Kenneth Branagh live on stage.

Hawaii is another place that is high on my list of where I would like to visit. On my old job one of my territories was Hawaii and my patients were always asking me to come over to visit. I would like to see all of the islands. It is especially tempting now with snow coming in tomorrow and the temperatures getting down into the single digits.

Hong Kong is also on my list of places to see. I am intrigued by the place. I would eventually like to see a lot of China especially the Great Wall and the Forbidden City. One of my favorite mystery series is Robert Van Gulik's "Judge Dee" series which is set in ancient China.

Like all good geeks I want to visit New Zealand and take the tours that show you all the places where "Lord of the Rings" was filmed. It looks like such a beautiful country. If I am going down under I'll of course want to see Australia.

When I was a child I had always hoped that I would be able to visit other planets. It looks like they are going to put a permanent space station on the moon. I don't suppose they would need an artist to come along? One with a couple of cats maybe? ;-)

The picture is something I was fooling around with last night and is called "Fly Away."

No comments: