Friday, December 29, 2006

One More Day

"No one outside ourselves can rule us inwardly. When we know this, we become free." Buddha

I actually found my Oriental Wisdom calendar and ordered it from Amazon. If I had put in the correct name last time I was searching I would have found it earlier but I'm blaming this rotten cold that has my head all stuffed up. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;-) I also ordered six more calendar kits to have ready for gifts for this year.

I have one more work day for 2006 and then a three day weekend. Yeah! It has been a bizarre year at work and getting more bizarre all the time. I just do my job the best I can and leave it at the doors when I leave the building.  I'll probably spend most of the three days sleeping off this stupid cold in hopes it will finally go away.

Today's quote is really important. I have found that in the last few years that it is so true. We are the ones who enslave ourselves. If we can free ourselves of the burdens of being what others want us to be and stop and find out who we really are and be ourselves we will be much happier. Be the best you that you can be. You have to be able to answer the question "who am I?" Only you can know your strengths and weaknesses. Only you can decide what your core values really are. Yes their are others in life that it makes sense to listen to but in the end only you can decide what type of person you are really going to be.

I get very tired of hearing people blame others for their problems. It is time that people take responsibility for their own actions. You can take charge of your own life and be the type of person you can be proud of. I don't mean developing an overwhelming ego of "I'm the greatest." Learn to be a decent, caring individual who is comfortable in your own skin and with that comfort in yourself reach out and help others. Give others the help and comfort they need to better their lives so that they too can have the chance of being what they want to be.

No comments: